Search This Blog

Thursday 7 April 2016

Nicki Minaj On Relationship With Meek Mill: “We’re Still Figuring Each Other Out”

 
Nicki Minaj is opening up about her relationship with Meek Mill. While speaking with daytime talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, the Queens native shut down rumors that she and Mill are engaged and let the world know that from now on she’ll be referring to herself as “single.”

In promotion for Barbershop 3: The Next Cut, Minaj visited the show where DeGeneres quizzed her about her current relationship status calling the “Levels” rapper whom she referred to as “this boy that likes me.” Minaj explained that the ring she currently sports is her second from him and according to Mill, the next diamond will be her engagement ring. Still, Minaj isn’t sure she’s ready for marriage.
“You know, I don’t know. We’re still figuring each other out. And in fact, I don’t even want to say that I’m in a relationship anymore, because I think when people hear that, they go to, like, the mean place,” she said.
The 33-year-old then recalled how tightlipped she used to be about her relationship with ex Safaree Samuels. According to the “Anaconda” rapper, she’ll be ripping a page out of her own book and going back to that secrecy when discussing her personal life going forward.

“You know, I used to be secretive. You guys asked me about that before on my pre-interview,” Minaj said. “I used to say, ‘I’m not in a relationship,’ even though I was in a 12-year relationship. Now I feel like just going back to that and saying, ‘You know what? I’m single.'”
Though she said she’s not sure what the future holds for her and MMG’s own as they are “two souls going through the universe,” the pressure is definitely off when it comes to talking about it.
“Now, I don’t really care to say ‘I’m in a relationship’ or ‘I’m engaged’ or whatever. There’s a boy that likes me. That’s all.”
Shortly after interview aired, Minaj took to Instagram Thursday (April 7) to clear up misconceptions about her comments.

“#They don’t want me to write this caption. Cc @djkhaled ~ It would be very remiss of you to not watch what I said about Valentines Day prior to writing or believing a headline about my comment. I’m not single. Thank you for coming out. Have a blessed day and get some D,” she wrote under a picture of her and her rapper boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment