Search This Blog

Thursday 7 April 2016

Did Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Split Up?


In late March, Nicki Minaj had a South African crowd shout out a loving message to her boyfriend Meek Mill, who was back in Philadelphia under house arrest, but has something major changed between the two lovebirds in the past week?
Possibly. Nicki appears on Ellen today, April 7th, and claims she’s single.
Related: Meek Mill Drops Remix of Drake’s ‘Summer Sixteen’
When Ellen commented on the beautiful ring Meek gifted Nicki with back in December, she called it an engagement ring. Nicki was quick to correct her. “First of all, that’s not an engagement ring,” she said. “I have two rings from this boy who likes me. He said that that’s my second ring and if I get a third ring that that would be the engagement ring.”
When Ellen asked her if she was ready to get that third ring, Nicki started back tracking. “I don’t know,” she said. “We’re still figuring each other out. In fact, I don’t even want to say I’m in a relationship anymore cause I think when people hear that, they go to a mean place. […] Then now, I feel like just going back to that and saying I’m single.”
It sounds like the rapper is tiring of having to keep up appearances on social media to keep everyone aware of what’s going on between her and Meek. “So now, I don’t really care to say I’m in a relationship or I’m engaged or whatever. There’s a boy that likes me, that’s all,” she shared. “He and I are just two souls right now passing through the universe and I don’t know what’s going to happen and I have learned over the years to just let things be and come and go as they’re going to come and go.”
Nicki admitted she’d been in a 12-year relationship before and claimed she was single the entire time to protect her privacy. The same could be true of this instance, but Meek might not be happy to hear she’s claiming she’s single. Drake, on the other hand, could very well be thrilled.
After Nicki’s comments made the internet rounds, she took to Instagram to clarify the situation, posting a photo of herself and Meek with the caption “#They don’t want me to write this caption. Cc @djkhaled ~ It would be very remiss of you to not watch what I said about Valentines Day prior to writing or believing a headline about my comment. I’m not single. Thank you for coming out. Have a blessed day and get some D.”

No comments:

Post a Comment