Search This Blog

Friday 8 April 2016

DMX Shares The Reason Why Diddy Initially Refused To Sign Him To Bad Boy Records


DMX probably has a bevy of hip-hop centered stories given his impactful presence in the genre over the years. But there’s one new recollection that’s making its rounds across social media, which involves mogul Diddy.
While the “How’s It Goin’ Down” rapper joined N.O.R.E. and DJ EFN for an interview on their “Drink Champs” podcast, Dark Man X took a trip down memory lane and shared how he almost had the opportunity to sign to Diddy’s Bad Boy Records, but he initially turned X down for this reason.

“One thing I respect about Puff is that at least he told me to my face what he felt,” he began. “[Ruff Ryders executive] Dee told Puff, ‘If you like the Lox, you’re gonna love X.’  I spit, or whatever, and he was like, ‘His voice too rough and you’re not marketable.’  [I] didn’t like it, but I had to respect it.”
It wasn’t until Def Jam laid their offer on the table to sign X that Diddy decided to take back his initial decision. “He was like, ‘I’ll lace your pockets. I’ll double what they gave you and lace your pockets,” he said. Five platinum albums later, and DMX is still churning out new tunes and commanding stages across the country.

Rick Ross admits to bein in Illuminati! Meek Mill v Drake - Westwood

No comments:

Post a Comment